Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Essence of Waves

I watch the motion of agitated waters keenly,
The brash, crashing of water, torments the shore meekly.
And from the pier, I am infused in its sheer dominance,
Few words describe entirely its latent importance.

As it washes over the ruination of a battered dock,
I become a part of it, perfectly still, motionless rock.
I can feel the cleansing of its explicit force.
I feel somehow repaired as it stays on its euphoric course.

And the tides become your artful hands,
Ravishing my body, permeating each delicate strand.
Now, the saltiness of the sea, transforms into your disarming scent.
And this, our bodies, triumphantly transcend.

Climatically, new waters burst forth, as it purifies a place once dismal.
I am taken away in its warmth, submerged in this my baptismal.

And now the waves recede,
How phenomenal they are,
I now make my retreat.

Into a world afar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A truly poetic vision.

Anonymous said...

I love this, so symbolic.