Friday, February 29, 2008

To Soar Over Mountains

To soar over mountains, fly over trees, kiss the sun, and frolic with the bees is blissfully unremarkable when compared to this, when compared to the joy that can be mine once more. And I step through life’s open door and I wonder how long for this I had waited. Up the stairs I climb thinking not of what awaits me but how wonderful and new this all feels. I won’t be afraid to capture all the good now, all the wonderment I have received somehow. I will never again turn my eyes to look back at the shambles that lay behind, I will move on so merrily never once cautious of time. I’m free to do it all again I’m free to no longer pretend that I want nothing else, for now I will expect nothing less.

Do you know what it is like to be pleased?

Do you know when all this will cease?

Have you ever wondered why you’re here?

Have you found an answer you can use?

How far will you get when you’re still so near?

Have you ever thought this was abuse?

Did you come to see me run away?

Why didn’t you go astray?

What kept you on this path so long?

Where is the good in all the wrong?

Questions don’t need to be answered not when I am this clear.

Not when I no longer care to fear,

All that has gone before,

All that has left me sore,

Because I am so clear, at peace,

Because I have found my retreat,

Because now I can be free.

I want to hear it the way it was written I want to feel it the way it was meant; I want to see it in all its naked glory, free of penitence. I want to hear it overtly so loud ears will go deaf; I want to see it so brightly eyes will melt. And to know how it feels without horror, without the feeling there will be some obscure terror. Once I have I will just be. I will be.

No comments: