Friday, February 29, 2008

What Do I Know of You?

What do I know of you?

What do I know of myself?

What do I know of anything?

I know that I am not altogether happy, not all together sad.

I know that I am waiting and hoping that something will bring forth my consummate empowerment.

I know that I am in a kind of limbo, apathetic to everything that surrounds me that bombards me daily.

I know that I have been melancholic and yet animated in my appearance.

I know that I have but one passion and yet it constantly eludes me and is kept safely at bay.

I know that I grow weary of having no real direction, no real vigour to do what must be done.

I know that I have to be strong, yet I am still very weak and it frightens me.

I know that my complacency has made me hollow.

I know that I have lost and have settled in my defeat.

I know that I have always been afraid and yet have not identified the source of my fear.

I know that I am ailing from a malady for which there is no true remedy, and it is a love made incurable by hands divine.

I know that though I try to find myself I am still stranded at the crossroads, anchored to you.

I know that you will possibly never see the light in me and yet I can see all the good in you.

I know that you may not have cared for me then and still even now, just by the very deeds of your actions.

I know that you may not think of me as I often think of you.

And yet in all the abysmal realities of my life I have not suffered so far because of this belief I have kept.

The creed I have vested upon myself that will always stand firm even in my darkest hour.

A creed to know that everything is how it must be and that ours, though at a glance, lacks the virtues of compassion is substantial in its depths and heated in its core.

And I am happy to have met you even though you will never hear these words escape my mouth.

And if it is my faith to die loveless know that I have kept ours safe, where no one else could touch it, where someday you may find, it has always been waiting, carefully sealed in the centre of my soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely.